Congratulations to the 2023 SEMO Fair Foundation scholarship recipients, Dylan Aufdenberg (Jackson), Gracen James (Notre Dame), Matthew Schroeder (Doniphan), and Carsyn Swain (Delta). Each received a $2,500 scholarship award!
The SEMO Fair Foundation scholarship is awarded annually to a qualified applicant from the Southeast Missouri District Fair service area. The application and supporting documents must be returned by April 1. The scholarship winner will be determined by the Southeast Missouri District Fair Foundation Scholarship Committee.
The annual $2,500 award is a non-renewing scholarship. Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the college or university.
Applicant Requirements for the $2,500 scholarship award:
- Scholarship is open to any college level applicant representing the Southeast Missouri District Fair service area.
- Applicant must be enrolled in an accredited 2 or 4 year Missouri College or University.
- Applicant must be enrolled for at least 12 credit hours during semester where scholarship will be applied.
- Applicant must have maintained at least a 2.5 GPA or the equivalent in last scholastic year.
- Applicant must have been an exhibitor at the Southeast Missouri District Fair.
- Applicant must show involvement in school and community.
- Enrollment presents a financial need.
- Applicant must include one letter of reference from high school or college instructor or counselor.